Show or Hide Protein Features
How do I show or hide protein features in Map view or Sequence view?
SnapGene can display three protein feature types, Regions, Sites and Bonds.
- A Region defines one or more contiguous amino acids and is depicted as a colored feature
- Regions may be further divided into subtypes based on expected function (none, no subtype, mature peptide, pro protein, signal peptide, or transit peptide)
- A Site feature defines a single amino acid of interest and is depicted above the sequence line
- A (covalent) bond between amino acids in the same sequence (intramolecular bond) is depicted as a loop
- A (covalent) bond with another protein (intermolecular bond) is depicted as a line
Click the buttons on the side toolbar to toggle display of Region, Site and Bond features on a protein sequence.
1. Show or hide protein Regions.
2. Show or hide protein Sites.
3. Show or hide protein Bonds.